Community Development (SICAP)
SICAP 2018-2022 aims to target poverty, social inclusion and long term unemployment.
DLDC can provide you with supports for Community Development
What supports are available for my community?
DLDC supports communities to address poverty, social exclusion and equality issues by building the capacity of local committees and volunteers thereby creating more sustainable communities.
We work with local committees and volunteers using a community development bottom up approach.
We do this by providing direct supports to local community groups to develop the capacity of their committee members and volunteers who represent or work with disadvantaged communities and target groups of the SICAP Programme.
This assists them to engage with other stakeholders, actively improve the lives of their communities and address social exclusion issues that affect them. We provide advice to groups, share good practice and help them grow and develop.
We can help your community group through a range of supports including;
- Committees skills training – running efficient meetings; managing budgets etc
- Advice and guidance on good governance, charities regulations and compliance
- Advice and assistance on sourcing and applying for funding
- Guidance on programmes & schemes available to your group from Government departments & agencies.
- Guidance on the development of work/activities plans & much more.
For more information please contact the team at DLDC.
Please see the case studies below for more information on our supports in 2020.
Find out more about this Programme...
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 is funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Rural and Community Development and co-funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020