About the Programme
The Tús Programme is a participant led work placement initiative that is delivered nationally throughout Ireland. Tús provides short-term quality working opportunities for 19.5 hours per week to those who have been long-term unemployed.
The programme offers a wide variety of placements with Community, Voluntary and Non-for Profit organisations, which are detailed below.
- Environmental work
- Administrative/Clerical work
- Childcare Assistant
- Youth work
Participants gain personal by engaging in the company of others, acquiring new skills and enhancing their existing.
Participant Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the scheme, you must meet the following criteria.
- Be continuously unemployed for 12 months or more.
- Be in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance.
How do I join the Tús Programme?
There are two ways to be selected for the programme:
- Department of Social Protection Referral
- Self-Referral Form, you can obtain this from your Case Officer or any of our DLDC offices.