The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP)
SICAP 2018-2022 aims to target poverty, social inclusion and long term unemployment.
DLDC can provide you with supports for Community Development, employment, self-employment and Lifelong learning.
What supports are available for my community?
DLDC supports communities to address poverty, social exclusion and equality issues by building the capacity of local committees and volunteers thereby creating more sustainable communities.
We work with local committees and volunteers using a community development bottom up approach.
We do this by providing direct supports to local community groups to develop the capacity of their committee members and volunteers who represent or work with disadvantaged communities and target groups of the SICAP Programme.
This assists them to engage with other stakeholders, actively improve the lives of their communities and address social exclusion issues that affect them. We provide advice to groups, share good practice and help them grow and develop.
We can help your community group through a range of supports including;
- Committees skills training – running efficient meetings; managing budgets etc
- Advice and guidance on good governance, charities regulations and compliance
- Advice and assistance on sourcing and applying for funding
- Guidance on programmes & schemes available to your group from Government departments & agencies.
- Guidance on the development of work/activities plans & much more.
For more information please contact the team at DLDC.
Please see the case studies below for more information on our supports in 2020.
Self -Employment & Employment Supports
If you are thinking about setting up a new business DLDC can provide you with a confidential service that can provide:
- One to one meetings to discuss your idea
- Start your own business training
- Developing a business plan and cash flow projections
- Applying for the Short-Term Enterprise Allowance (STEA) to support you if you have lost your job and want to start your own business.
If you are looking for support to find, apply and prepare for a job we can provide you with a confidential one-to-one service that provides:
- A weekly list of new jobs available in Donegal
- Job Preparation Supports
- CV & Cover Letter Preparation
- Help with Application forms
- Help with Interview Skills and Zoom Interviews
- Advice on re-skilling/training
We also provide Employment Supports through the Regional Employment Service. Here we can provide you with confidential one to one job seeking supports, CV preparation, advice, guidance and interview skills.
Education, Lifelong Learning and Personal Development Supports
Would you like the opportunity to upskill, learn new things or gain a qualification?
Donegal Local Development Company provides support to individuals who are interested in returning to learning. We provide one-to-one advice and support in relation to accessing education and lifelong learning opportunities. This free and confidential service is available in a number of locations including Letterkenny, Donegal Town and Killybegs or on an outreach basis at a location convenient for you.
We work with individuals to help them to identify and take the steps to improve their quality of life and wellbeing and to access lifelong learning opportunities.
We aim to:
- Provide guidance and advice on learning supports and educational opportunities.
- Assist you to identify your skills, interests and goals.
- Provide information on funding opportunities and entitlements.
- Put mechanisms in place to facilitate and respond to your individual needs.
- Develop a Personal Action Plan tailored to fit your needs.
- Signpost and refer you to a host of specialist agencies
- Support you to build your confidence, access tailored Lifelong Learning programmes as well as accessing other support services
Find out more about this Programme...
Support for Local Communities Groups
Support for Self -Employment & Employment
Support for Training and Lifelong Learning
DLDC sa Ghaeltacht - ‘Ag tacú l’ár bPobal’
Regional Employment Service
Employment Service Donegal Town
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 is funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Rural and Community Development and co-funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020