Free training designed to solve local challenges
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought great change across the globe and has highlighted many challenges, old and new, that our country is facing. More than anything, it has demonstrated the resilience and determination of our communities, who came together in a multitude of ways to support, inspire, and overcome.
The importance of community-led action has never been more obvious and with it the need to empower and facilitate such vital work. Innovating Communities is a two-year project that aims to train and mentor over 900 participants (known as Challengers) from six counties (Monaghan, Cavan, Louth, Leitrim, Sligo and Donegal) by teaching them valuable Design Thinking skills in order to create and enact solutions to local issues.
Anyone can sign up to be a Challenger. Maybe you want to be more involved in your local community but don’t know where to start. Perhaps you’re a member of a group/council/club who wants help tackling a specific Challenge. Or you could be a community veteran who just wants to learn a new way of thinking. Whoever you are, Innovating Communities is free and accessible to all. The Challenger’s Journey
- Challengers start by registering on the Innovating Communities website to meet like-minded learners and stay up-to-date on all the action.
- Challenges (any issues or opportunities that you have identified in your area) should be submitted to the Challenge Bank. To keep your community are the heart of the project, these Challenges will be collated and used to form the basis of our Training Courses.
- Groups can be clubs, councils, and associations – any kind of group at all. If you’re a member of a pre-existing Group, why not add it to the site so others can learn about it. Alternatively, you can join a Group already on the site, or start your own!
- Courses will be available on the website very soon. Challengers can sign up for courses that relate to a Challenge they have encountered or simply have a passion for.
- Design Thinking is a process that puts people at the heart of solving Challenges. Every Challenger will learn these skills, which have been used by some of the world’s biggest companies to achieve success.
- By the completion of the project, we believe every Challenger will have the confidence and ability to find solutions for current and future Challenges; helping to sustain long-term community-led action.
Ready to begin your journey? Sign up now and start to innovate your community.