Nutritionist Lorraine McGowan is showing us how to make fishcakes.
Fish cake Ingredients:
3 x medium size potatoes
2 x 200g tinned fish or 400g of cooked fresh or frozen fish
2 garlic gloves
1 tbsp of parsley
1 tsp of chilli flakes
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp plain flour
1. Boil potatoes and garlic cloves until tender, drain and leave to steam-dry, then mash.
2. Mix salmon, parsley, chilli and lemon in to the potatoes and add some seasoning.
3. Shape into fishcakes.
4. Dip fish cake in flour, then dip in egg and finally coat in breadcrumbs.
5. Chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
6. Heat a tbsp of oil in a large pan and fry the cakes for 3-4 minutes of each side until golden and heated through.
7. Serve with salad, lemon wedges and sauce.
For the sauce you will need:
200g yoghurt natural or Greek
2 tsp capers
1 tsp garlic purée
Squeeze of lemon
Mix all ingredients together
Enjoy 🤗 #coronavirustips